Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What a day!

This morning started out miserable as I woke up around 3:30 and could not fall back asleep. I didn't do the homework that I put off last night and I just wanted to skip school (but could not). So I went to school, had the most challending lesson thus far and then went to work. Patrick drove me so we got a chance to chat on the way (we were stuck in traffic) which was nice. By the time I got to the office I was already late and couldn't get by the receptionist. Security is tight and you need to be met at the front desk in order to get in but none of my contacts were answering their phones. The receptionist gave up after 10 minutes and told me I may as well go home. I was bummbed that I would have to wait 45 minutes for the train but kind of excited to have the eveining to myself. I went to the bathroom to kill time and when I came back to turn in my guest badge, she had contacted my boss' boss. On that note, it should be stated that I got a new boss yesterday and I know work for who is possibly the shortest man in Germany and quite probably a leprechaun! So I met him on the 3rd floor only to walk back down to the 1st floor, security procedures which make no sense. On the way he asked when I planned to go home, I expected to work from 3 to 6 like yesterday and then he asked if I would stay untill 7 as he was planning on doing so and he offered to drive me to the train station (we took the train home together yesterday as we both live in Braunschweig). So I stayed. The machine I was using was being rediculously slow today but other than that the 4 hours of working were fine. My boss dropped me off across the street from the train station and I walked the rest of the way home (it's about a 5 minute walk). I get in my apartment and am greeted by a hug at the door which was nice. It was followed with okay I need to tell you something kind of sucky. I think a better description would have been random or psychotic. Aparently during the day today, our next door neighbor and the weird guy who lives upstairs with his girlfriend (whom I've only seen once) got into a yelling arguement earlier. This ended with him at our neighbor's door with what Patrick describes as a "saber", her husband calling the police and her and her babies leaving the apartment. Aparently the police came and searched his apartment and basement and found some knives (which they took) and took him into custody for 6 hours as he had not committed a crime. The landlord has also been contacted and action is being taken to get him kicked out of the building. We had one loose cannon in the building and aparently he blew, is it a full moon tonight? Disclaimer: Please do not be concerned, I write this to keep you posted and slightly amused with the randomness and utter awfulness of my day not to cause alarm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Crazy Marsha of him... Lala and I can still not get over the BYOK.. B-YOK we like to call it. I think we get a chuckle over that at least twice a week.

American Girl said...

haha I love the B-YOK! At least Marsh hnever brought out any weapons other than wine!