Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Joining the Herd

Socializiation is not something I tend to think of at this point in my life. I have a great group of close friends and really am not looking to make more. Don't misunderstand me, I still enjoy being social and I love to make new friends, I'm just not at a point in my life where it is a necessity to make new friends, or so I thought. Lately, I've been hanging out with Patrick's friends. I really like all of Patrick's friends thus far but that's exactly the thing they are his friends. He already took the time to get to know them and they have shared experiences. Becasue of their relationship with Patrick, they have welcomed me into the group and are really quite nice to me and I appriciate it but it is hard to consider them my friends at this point. My friends are in RI, NY, Tonga, Bolivia, CA and the like. LAst week I went out with Patrick and his friends and realized that I need to have my own friends to go out with because I don't always want to do what the boys want to do, like watch German soccer matches. So now I'm looking for some girl friends to hang out with. I've met some really nice people in my German class but alas communication will be a disaster and a half...potential. I met this girl Kristina who was really nice and we're sudo planning to go out for a girls night this Saturday, if I could only get her screen name right we'd be in, Jana are you around? haha I think I'm too last minute with my causal plans for Germans sometimes. At least I'm on the right track. If only I could meet some Americans I'd be happy but much less international and it would most likely be bad for my German language learning.

1 comment:

stcattck said...

We'll def do up a special girls night for you when you're home!