Wednesday, February 27, 2008

German Engineering

Since Germany is known for its engineers, I've decided it would be a good time to focus on engineering. Now we know I'm not easily excited by programming and complex equations so I decided to focus on my inner domestic engineer. Living by myself, I feel more enclined to keep on top of the dishes and vacuuming and cook more. Specifically, I would like to work on improving my cooking skills. I would love to learn some good German dishes, although I can't really think of anything I would put in that category. However, Germans do know how to do sweets and I have an appointment with Patrick's Oma for a cookie lesson the next time we visit and I will be sure to take her up on that. So I'm on a hunt for "grandma recipies". Since I don't have any living grandmas, I need some help in this. So, if there's something that your grandma makes really good will you please get the recipie for me ans send it with some good instructions. I know this does not in any way make up for actually learning from a grandma but I'm too far away to do in person lessons. I also realize that measurements won't be accurate to a measuring cup if your grandmas cook anything like mine did. Some Grandma recipies I already have in my head and can remember right now (too few I must add):
  • hummus
  • italian pizza (Thanks Melissa!)
  • french toast
  • scrambled eggs from my pop-pop
  • BBQ Chicken and potatoes
  • stuffed peppers
  • M, I want your grandma's cupcake and frosting recipie!

Please email me recipies or stories :) thanks

No comments: