Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today is the day

Today it hit me, for the first time since I've been here I was overwhelmed by a sense of longing for my home. I don't know if it is that approaching holiday called Halloween that I so love and Germans don't celebrate or skimming Facebook and seeing what friends are up to or really talking to friends from home. Being the weekend, I was able to catch a few people online inspite of the time shift. Either way, today marks my first feelings of indecision and regret of my choice to spend a year here. On top of everything, today was also the day when the former tenant finaly removed all of her stuff from the apartment. It should have been a day to celebrate to feel like we actualy are here in our home with our stuff and set up in a functional manner not just piled in awaiting its permentnt location when space is avaliable. In actuality it was incredibly anticlimatic. I guess I may just take a bubble bath and go to bed early tonight.

No comments: