Sunday, January 20, 2008

Going Foward

There are certain things everyone always lusts after. To be smarter, thinner, richer, happier, to work less and travel more. These are things we will always wish for and mostly never be satisfied with. I've decided I need some realiztic goals for 2008. Maybe it's a bit late to be calling them News Year's Resolutions but more of a reflection on the things I want to achieve in the short term. so here goes, in no particular order, my aspirations for 2008...
  • grow out my hair
  • join a team and attend all functions (I went to my first Softball practice last week but this impending move is going to make me quit so I need to find a new team)
  • do things that make me happy
  • indulge in a frappachino from time to time
  • delete McDonald's from all meal options
  • eat more vegetables
  • stop losing things
  • organize my closte and keep it that way
  • paint more
  • spend more time outdoors in parks and less lusting for the ocean
  • take a relazing vacation with Patrick
  • visit Denmark
  • see the Alps
  • take my job one day at a time
  • attend more weddings
  • wear dresses more often
  • grow my nails, pain them often
  • smile always
  • be true to myself always

That seems like a good start, I'll have to look back in a few months and see how I'm doing. Here's to hoping...Happy 2008! I think it's going to be a good year, my second and last full year in Germany for awhile, if all goes according to the plan. I am looking foward to having a home and job in the US in 2009 and hopefully getting closer to the ocean and sunshine. For now, I'm enjoying Europe and seeing sunshine on my travels. I fly to Rome on Tuesday, and hope there's some sun in store.

No comments: