Monday, February 25, 2013

30 Countries

While I was in the US, one of my mom's cousins was talking about how her niece made a goal of visiting 30 countries before she turned 30 years old. She met the goal and continued to travel. This particular conversation revolved around her preparations for a solo trip to Colombia. While I am not yet ambitious enough to take on a Colombian vacation by myself, I am also not yet 30. In doing my 30 before 30, I wonder if I have made it to 30 countries yet. So I decided to compile a list, in no particular order, with a few photos thrown in for fun.

1. USA (does that count?)
2. Canada - Montreal, Niagra Falls
3. England - Lived for 5 months, visited London
4. Spain - Barcelona, Madrid, Conil de la Fontera (below), etc.


5. Netherlands/Holland - Amsterdam, Nordwik am Zee
6. Germany - Lived for 5+ years (Mannheim below)


7. Portugal - Algarve, Lisbon
8. Belgium - Brussels
9. Gibralta (below)

10. France - Paris, Marsellie
11. Italy - Rome, Florence, Pisa, Milan, Venice, Varenna (Lake Como below)


12. Finland - Helsinki
13. Denmark - Skagen, southern boarder towns
14. Norway - Oslo (below), Bergen



15. Czech Republic - Prague (below)


16. Malta - Malta, Gozo
17. Nicaragua - Managua, Little Corn Island



18. Japan - Tokyo (below), Kyoto, etc.


19. Bahamas - Nassau
20. St. Lucia (below)


21. Jamaica - Negril (below), Montego Bay, Ocho Rios (forthcoming)


22. Austria - skiing, Salzburg (below)


23. Switzerland - Zurich, Basel (living here)
24. Vatican - Vatican City
25. Lichtenstein - drove through
26. Luxembourg



27. China - Airport only - not sure this really counts (below)



Looks like I am not going to make it. From now until my birthday, I have one country in the works but that will only give me 27 total, 28 if China counts ;) Although there is a possibility I will remember a place I have forgotten. Either way, I'm quite happy with the places I've been and hope to continue to add countries and photos and experiences to my list.

Next up LCI Part 2.

No comments: